Want inspiration to make and or decorate Barbie Cake Designs for your birthday party person, well look no further. We have included a basic cake basic recipe and different materials to use. We have also included great cakes photos from pinterest for your pleasure and extra inspiration. For more cake inspiration please click on the link. For more party food please click on the link.
How to Make a Barbie Doll Cake Video
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: 1 cake
150g butter (room temp)
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup white flour
1. Cream butter, and sugar together to form a nice paste. Pour in the eggs, one at a time with a little of the flour. Add the vanilla, milk and mix.
2. Mix remaining flour into the bowl, cocoa and baking powder in a separate bowl, then fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
3. Spoon cake mix into a greased 20cm diameter round/oval/or square tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
4. Allow the tin to cool then put onto cool on a cooling tray or tray. Ice with chocolate icing when cold.
This is one delicious cake to eat and decorate.
Marble Cake (Another great Barbie Cake Design basic)
Minutes to Prepare: 20Minutes to Cook: 30Number of Servings: 20
2tsp baking powder
2 medium size eggs
1c 2% milk
1tsp vanilla extract
1 dash salt
2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1.Mix the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and put aside.
2. Mix the eggs, butter and sugar into a paste, and keep 2tbsp of the sugar aside.
3. Mix the milk and vanilla and put aside.
4. Add the flour mixture and the milk alternating to the egg mixture beating well inbetween, add slowly and beat well.
5. Take a greased baking tin and pour 2/3 of the dough. Then add the cocoa and remaining sugar to the rest of the dough. Mix well, then pour on top of the white dough. Now use a fork to mix it carefully to give a marbled look. If you mix too much it will be evenly brown.
Bake at 350'F for 30 minutes.
Use barbie dolls and dress them in evening wear. Once your cake is iced lay your doll on top in a drunk fashion, with any of the following:
-doll wine glass
-doll beer or wine
Make sure she is he is place so that you can write 'happy birthday' and any other writing on your cake.
Use someone who is apt at making figures from icing or make the following:
Stir 1/2 cup canned vanilla or white frosting and 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar in medium bowl. Knead until a smooth dough forms, Wrap airtight in plastic wrap until ready to use. Store at room tempt. Makes 1 cup.
Make sure to mix in coloured icing dye for best suited results.
Watch the video to see how to decorate.
Here are some fun Barbie Cake Designs to inspire you and your birthday person.
How about some fun ideas for the older birthday person.